I cannot say anything negative about them. I do understand peoples concerns about using turrets, but IME if you get the concept behind them and have the slightest idea on how trajectory works they make your life a lot easier.

I started using them on hunting rifles about 6 years ago but had used them for plinking and such for quite a while before that. My first concern when starting to use them was much like anyone else will the turrets spin on accident, repeatability of adjustments, and so on. When those were finally put to rest and dialing in became second nature I started putting them on my hunting rifles, and none of the problems I made up in my head ever came to be.

Real life experience has been 5 deer beyond 400 yards three of them were around the 430-450 mark 1 was 485 and the one this year was 546. I put down the stick and string and picked up a rifle this year for elk to hunt with my younger brother who had never got an elk. I got him on an elk and he killed his first bull, which was all I really wanted to happen. Two days later I shot an bull at 1031 yards. All of these kills were 1 shot kills except the deer at 546 and the elk at 1031, both would have been had I let them be but, I shoot until they are out of sight or on the ground (personal preference). The deer had two bullets in through the lungs and the elk had 4.

I always try to close the gap as much as possible but situations and terrain and brush out here really limit the ability to spot and stalk. Most of the shot opportunities are cross canyon in reprod hemlock and doug fir, you can try and get closer if you want to but you might as well just call it exercise. Since I started using turrets I have been able to take better quality deer instead of settling for what ever I can find just to fill the freezer. Now the freezer is full and I can be picky if I am so inclined. I am sold on them and will likely use them until I do not have the ability to any more (I die).