On Cape buffalo I sure want a bullet that will give me an exit hole most of the time on a broadside shot. You get a lot more blood on the ground that way and blood on the ground can be a life saver IMO...mostly cause you know about where he is..I don't like those sneeky surprises. I am not of the school that a bullet must expend all its stuff inside, I like them blow a big hole coming out thus my choice of the GS Customs cup point and the big 350 gr. Woodleigh PP. for herd hunting I swap the PP for the less penetrative round nose 350 gr. Woodleigh and it does stop on the off side hide, but that's better than having two buff mad at you at the same time. Just my opine.

But in the end and cutting through the usual stuff, to kill a buffalo or any animal is kinda like drinking a beer, you punch a big hole in them with about any good bullet and let the juice out and you have a dead soldier..I have seen only a few failure with the .375 and that happens with lighter bullets and only on frontal shots that hit solid but slip around the rib cage go under the shoulder on top of the rib cage and do little more than tick the bulls off..It happens pretty often btw..I only have knowledge of this happening with the .375 and 9.3s and with the lighter mid weight bullets in those two calibers..Both are great DG rounds but I would pass on frontal shots, or go for the head shot.