Not as often as I like unfortunately, and I don't hunt RSA, but there are softs and there are softs and I don't have to live in Africa or be a PH to say that your original statement about softs not penetrating a buffalo's hide are ridiculous unless of course you are using some kind of varmint bullet. Any of the soft points mentioned here will easily penetrate a buffalo's hide and kill him. I'm no PH and my grand total of having shot two buffalo is minuscule, but in Zimbawe where PHs actually have to pass a rigorous series of exams in order to be licensed they recommend softs for buffalo. So yo have one instance of ONE client with an unkown soft in an unkown caliber that failed to kill one buffalo(and I don't doubt it happened I hope you realize I'm not questioning your veracity) and you recommend only solids? You are the first PH I've ever say that in the past twenty years anyway. I have in my hand a copy of Craig Boddington's Book Safari Rifles. In it there is a survey on the back of over 100 PHs questioned on caliber, rifle, ammo, etc., and not one recommends solids exclusively for buffalo. I'm sorry but your advice is off the mark in this regard. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”