Ray; if you read what I and others posted we agree softs should not be used on hippo, elephant on rhino. "old timers" used solids only because they had no confidence in soft points up until a few years ago. Using solids only on buffalo I find totally silly, and especially what that "PH" said above that softs will not penetrate a buff's thick skin. That is absurd. Also our friend Saeed agrees with not using solids as well on buffalo and he's shot plenty of buffalo with this TSX-like Walterhog bullet. The practice of a solid up the ass can be easily done with a TSX as Saeed has done on many ocassion. Nobody said they were antiquated, solids have a place when hunting elephant, rhino or hippo on dry land and those "old guys" used solids because that was the only thing BACK THEN that could be counted on to penetrate.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”