Originally Posted by djpaintless
I'll have to respectfully disagree with JB about the new trigger. The old trigger was one of the best hunting rifle triggers ever made, the new one isn't. On average you might argue that the new trigger has better feel or whatever but it misses the point of the greatest virtues of the old model trigger - simplicity and reliability, and it can be easily tuned to a fine pull.

My take on which is best depends on what caliber you want to build. Pre-64's are ALL the same action size and are optimized for 7x57 to 30-06 length cases. They put spacers in for short action rounds and removed metal for 375 H&H length cases.

So give me a new model claw feed for short actions and large magnum length rounds. I like Pre-64's for 30-06 length cases. NONE with the new trigger..................DJ

I mostly agree with the above... the post 64 CT made Model 70 SA is a real gem. Love it in a 300 WSM. The Pre-64 trigger, to me, is totally KISS, which the SC MOA trigger is not.

Pre-64's really fall down on the ability to mount a scope in a low mount. Other than that, they're awesome in an 06' based round.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery