Originally Posted by BobinNH
[quote=Kentucky_Windage]
Like Battue has stated....all those with personal experience regarding pre 64 gas handling, raise your hands!Likely far fewer than those having real issue and accidental discharges with Reminton triggers and safeties,' I'll bet...

I challeneged many here to demonstrate how a Kimber action was superior in gas handling to a pre 64 M70 a few weeks back....I got no real answers, and few "takers".......

Bob, I believe I answered your question on the "gas" thread... Kimber and M70's suck about as badly as Rem 700's in regards to gas handling... if you want the "best" gas handling you need to go with a Savage 110, Weatherby MKV (most of us traditionalists won't go to either) or a Mauser 98...

PS, agreed about the Pre-64 generally though vs. the Classic, though I don't share your horror of MIM parts... most of the time, all the factory extractor needs is either to be loosened up a bit or tightened up a bit (either way quite simple to do). The Pre-64 really needs a high comb stock to fit my face as it doesn't allow for a low mounted scope. Your Bansner Pre-64 stock is just right IMO.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery