Originally Posted by battue
Used to know a guy who could add $700 back on in very little time. It would cost you a couple hundred, but it would be "new" again.

However, he had to give the restoration market to another after he was caught.

I don't know what all the fuss is about, they do it with old cars all the time and Turnbull restoration seems to be doing a thriving business doing the same upfront.

The more they age, the more accepted it will become.

The funny thing about that rifle in the picture is it has aged some 62 years. It is like a fine wine and some poor guy thought he was making himself the classiest rifle in town. Little did he know back then that it would end up being worth less (almost worthless as a collector) some day. I'll tell you, the rifle in the pic is one of the nicest I've ever seen and my friend won't budge off of around the $900.00 mark!!!!! Kind of don't blame him though because of what BobinNH was saying about them. He's absolutely right as far as I'm concerned. He loves it when I tell him that especially when it is where you guys can see it and not just in a pm blush.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA