Dewey, we think alike!

I didn't know Weber was back in Germany. I have seen, and drooled, over his stock work. Totally out of my price range anyway.

That's a shame about Sorensen, I had heard good things. The list of smiths in Canada is shorter than I thought.

The Hagn single shot is also at the top of my wish list. I have heard it described by someone who knows as the best that can be produced by old-world methods, while the Dakota may be the best that mass-production can provide. I have compared the two and the Dakota did not fare well in the comparison.

Leeper is definitely the go-to guy in my mind, but as I mentioned is so back-logged that he is unfortunately unavailable for the time being. A little while back I had the latest sheep rifle built, instead of having Leeper build it I sent the action to Gaillard for truing and barrel installation, then the barreled action to BRNO284 for action lightening and stock work. It will be in my hands literally any day now, will keep you posted on my thoughts.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.