I guess my next response would be that if it is turning into a dying breed up here in Canada, is there not anyone that anyone is aware of in Canada that has approached these top smiths wanting to learn the trade? I hear that it is not something that one could make a living off of but if one became that good why couldn't he or she? I have heard that Bill Leeper is not taking on any more at this present time as he is so backlogged. I would hope that his entire time is devoted to making guns if he is that busy. I know that if I could do it over, the way that I would have gone was machinist so I could learn the ins and outs of working with metal so that one day I could turn out some guns that everyone would want. I am beginning to see that not one person can do it all but it takes a team in reality to turn out a fine piece. If one could do the whole gammut I would say that the person doing the work is one hell of an artist at his trade. I guess then that person could be labelled a top gunsmith in Canada, he can do it all from start to finish. He would require the knowledge of working with metal, wood, and plastics something that could take an undetermined amount of time. My feelings are in general that it is a team effort to turn out a remarkable product.

Calvin