Are you being deliberately obtuse or simply trying to stir up trouble? I very carefully stated what I have seen here with a number of gunsmiths, yet, you ignore this and keep trying to instigate an unpleasant exchange....maybe you are a troll?

What is with me, is that I posted honest opinions based on actual hands-on experience with the rifles/makers that I refered to; I did NOT make any negative remarks about anyone's character, simply commented on gunmaking skills as shown by results. But, you obviously know so much more than I do, so, maybe you could tell me exactly what the major obvious differences between the Dakota 76 and the P-64 Mod. 70 actions are as you must own examples of these??? How about what one notices in a Champlin when the trigger adjustment is not correctly set, this is, as you surely know, a real easy thing to spot.

If, you want to get into very precise, technical detail on "top" gunsmithing, I'm your man, so, correctly answer these questions and then we can go from here. What, btw, is a "swamped" barrel and why would a custom 'smith use this???