I realize Kutenay and Chuck what a top notch smith means to you guys. I now nothing of D'arcy Echols. But it is all about what you want in the gun. I also do not know or have never heard of Martini or Hagn. The picture that I am beginning to see of them is that they are more like artists. Ones who can work with metal and wood as well as carving into both mediums. If I could afford one it would probably hang on the wall and never see the light of day. I could not see myself subjecting a work of art, if I am correct, to the elements. If money was never an object I guess we would never think twice. I have a Browning Gold 12 gauge which I have a hard time taking out in the field for a stubble shoot. What is it worth? Not a lot compared to the latter. Would they be the ones to build a Benchrest Gun? I think not. They should be able to but it is a whole different ball game when it comes to Benchrest. My idea of a top notch gun is exactly what Speedy, Lester Bruno, Jackie Schmidt, or Gary O may shoot. The least amount of lines possible. I have never been into the old school stuff and may never be. Those are guns they shoot damn near perfect at 200 yards. But I think I have had my say and we will never be able to change ones minds on this subject just as the Conservatives are sorry they lost Belinda!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any way good shooting and good luck with whatever life brings your way.

Calvin