Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by shortmagfan
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What would have happened if Doug wasn't around?

no idea. could have been fine, maybe it wouldn't have been

Doug was the only reason I went with a pair of Leicas. Knowing he would have my back allowed me to go with what I really wanted.

Well, what would happen if God forbid, something would happen to Doug? How could you be sure that he would always be able to "have your back" ??

The CS of a company has to be much bigger than one man; especially when that man is not an employee of the company, but rather a sales rep. I know that Leica's CS is bigger than Doug, but I would not base a buyer decision dependent on his help at a future date. I think Doug is great and I would trust him in an optics purchase; in so far as recommendations go.

But... I would not make my decision on a major optics purchase if I thought that meant that future service of that product would depend on whether Doug, or any one else for that matter could go to bat for me down the road. Sometimes those people are not around. The warranty on these products is supposedly pretty long.

This all just further enforces to me why Leica will never have my vote of confidence. And unless there is a significant change in the way they do business- none of my $$ will ever go their way.