Originally Posted by sharpsguy
Brian, my experience with Leica couldn't have been more painful. My Leica 1200 rangefinder quit working, and Leica wouldn't repair it if I paid for the repair, let alone warranty it. They wouldn't exchange it either, and I was within a week of leaving for Africa on safari. I'm glad they took care of you, but they flat out stiffed me.

Originally Posted by Higbean
I bought a pair of Geovids used off Craigslist last year. They worked fine under 200 yards or so, which is as far as you could get when I checked them out. On my way home I stopped and was trying them out but they wouldn't get past 600 yards and 600 was hard to get a read. I contacted them and told them my situation. Guy said to send them on in. They told me it'd take a month. Two weeks later a brand new pair showed up. No complaints here.

So how can a companies CS be this much of 180 degrees?? When you read through these posts, it seems as if there is no rime or reason as to who gets the luck of the draw in the service department. Baffling ?? It seems like the folks at Leica would be aware of the rep they have and try and remedy it.