Yep, that's very good. With the 180-deg different reports I've heard on Leica's CS, I don't know what to think. Maybe they're starting to make positive changes. Maybe it all depends on who you talk to. I've heard similar conflicting stories on Zeiss. It would be nice if more companies had CS reputations like Swaro, Leupold, and Vortex.

I'm happy I've never needed service on any Leica optic so far... knock on wood. I've always been very happy with Leica quality and performance, and I prefer to own stuff that holds up over time and never needs repair. But we all know nothing is 100% failproof. Buying anything involves a certain leap of faith.

Although I appreciate great warranties and CS as much as the next person, I honestly don't put a huge amount of weight on that if I fundamentally like Product A better than Product B, even if Product B has much better warranty coverage. As long as Product A has a good reputation for quality, I'm willing to take certain risks. My view on that varies depending on what type of product I'm looking at, its typical expected service life, and how mechanically complex it is. For example, I'm far more concerned about warranty and CS when buying an automobile, because minor and major component failure happens at a much greater frequency than with a good optic. Plus, unlike a car, I've generally noticed that if I'm going to have a problem with an optic, I'll usually discover any hidden gremlins within the first year of ownership. Pretty much any optic I buy will be covered well beyond that. If I'm comparing 2 optics I like equally well and could go either way, then and only then does long term warranty terms and CS reputation really play a part in my decision.

But, we all value different things to different degrees.

Ted