It is amazing that I never heard of this device before today and I can attest to it's simple elegance and design. I bought a Cooper 17HMR from brassman here on the Campfire and needed to scope it.

I called George at the Powderhorn here in Bozeman and told him I needed some matte rings to go on a new Cooper I had bought. When I got there, Bill and I put the rifle in the vise and he pulled this instrument out and we proceeded to put the rings on the rifle.

Bill explained the principle on how it was designed and we put the rings in place and loaded the tool into the bottom rings. With a few adjustments, we tightened everything down, checking the center of the bolt and bore with the points on the tool. After everything was set to our satisfaction, we bore sighted the scope only to find it off-center about 5 clicks.

I took it to the range and was 2 inches left and about 3 inches high, more than satisfactory for a bore sighting. This tool does work and would be a valuable tool in any shooter's box that cares about easy, true alignment of their scopes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]