My experience pales significantly compared to yours! smile

You illustrate a reality not understood by many gun owners: Scopes, indeed all sights, are adjustable in order to correct imperfections inherent in even the finest quality rifles...and for that matter, the sights themselves, particularly scopes and mounts.

In a perfect world, we'd install the sights, adjust elevation according to ballistic performance of the ammo, and carry on.

The average guy, truth be told, buys pretty much whatever the clerk at the counter offers up for mounts, and goes home to "set up" his rifle, which seems like pretty simple stuff. Attach bases (gorilla tighten screws), attach rings, lay scope in rings, and attach caps (be sure again to gorilla tighten screws). Good to go!

NOT!

I've read here and on other forums how "slippage" is solved by applying stuff like glue, electrical tape, or even roughing surfaces with emery/sandpaper on either/or/both the rings and scope tube...???? Really??? Yikes!!!

The next scope that slips in Signature rings I've installed will be the first...granted, so far the .300 WM tops my list in the recoil dept.

Following a few basic instructions, one advantage of these rings could be argued to be that it otherwise potentially protects the scope from somewhat crude installation procedures, eh? Heh!

Last edited by sir_springer; 08/09/11.