kirk--as always, you're spot on. the scope-tru is intended for a fairly narrow audience.

for many years, i set my standard and dual dovetail rings with a wooden dowel and a rafter square--a tedious process that produced superb results.

over time, i began to dread this job--a job which i had always liked to do--because it was so tedious to "get the job done correctly, and with considerable perfection".

with that in mind, i decided to design this tool based upon what i learned by using the rafter square--and much thought went into the design, profile, length, and the additional part that can be used with it for those with myopic issues. after putting it off for a time, i finally machined one. the sole purpose in doing so was to have a device that i could set my scope rings with that would yield a perfect job, take much less time, and eliminate the tedious nature of earlier efforts. the alignment bar was to be strictly for my personal use. however, my wife encouraged me to pursue some course of action with it, and so i decided to do so.

the scope-tru is intended for:

**the professional gunsmith who will use it regularly;

**retail and wholesale sporting goods stores where many scopes are mounted over the years, and time and efficiency are issues;

**and finally, "gun cranks" who like to work on guns at home throughout the year--and who want to do the job easily and as close to perfectly as possible.

my wife and i both make a good living, we paid off the mortgage years ago, are debt free, etc.

therefore: at this point, one significant purpose is that if there is some small success in this, i can utilize any returns for developing a few other ideas that have developed in my mind(all of them shooting/firearms related).

as an aside, to execute this type of endeavor is quite expensive, and there are no guarantees of success or returns--but the learning experience, and the process itself are always worth it, and can often times out-weigh same.

as to cost: the total in materials and labor, with packing and shipping, is just over $50.00--but this figure is without the necessary product liability insurance added into the equation...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...