Any comments on the newish Sinclair line up tools with full diameter for the rings and soda straw size in collets for the alignment in lieu of butting either the pointed or the flat end on current alignment kits? I'd been thinking that depending on the base screw layout it might be possible to get under or around the soda straw size extensions - if the screws are not inside the bottom ring half.

For the traditionalist with a farm shop.

1" round PTO shafting - readily available, cheap and easy to machine. Not of course stainless.

Can be had with a key way/setscrew way running through which flat makes it easier to drill holes to admit a screw driver shaft and tighten base screws with the PTO shaft in place - tap the screw driver and take up a little more for final tightening.

Ultimately once again users are compensating for manufacturing tolerances especially across different companies with different standards - as rifle makers and mount makers.

I suspect - I might say I'm sure - there are mount makers who could make a base and ring set that would fit right on a given rifle but likely enough no other so why bother.

Last edited by ClarkEMyers; 05/01/11.