Originally Posted by captchee
There is one thing Im not sure I agree with in the video and that�s the recommendation of not using 3F powders in a rifle . maybe one of you experienced modern shooters could explain this to me as 3F is commonly used in both smooth and rifled traditional guns . so im not to sure what the reasoning behind this comment was.

Like the good Captain questioned, I also wondered why they indicated in the video that FFFg wasn't to be used in rifles... especially since I've used FFFg Swiss in my two .50 caliber Hawkens (percussion caps) as well as my .50 caliber Shenandoah (flintlock) with success and fine accuracy. However, I must admit that I don't shoot really heavy loads in any of my traditional muzzle loaders. As best I can recall, I don't believe I've ever loaded more than 80-85 grains of FFFg in my rifles... and most of my shooting is done with considerably lower amounts of FFFg.

Now... smokeless powder??? That's a whole 'nuther ball-game!!! I guess some folks jus' have to learn "the-hard-way". crazy

Jus' my 2 cents... smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...