Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by slowr1der
that you can't back up

The facts.....

http://randywakeman.com/DangerousMuzzleloadersAHistory.htm

Backed up......

nope sorry . if we apply the very same reasoning that your beloved Remington has applied with the walker trigger
Next is that the subject again comes from RW, ,,,,,,,,,,,who else
So again if we look to the Remington walker trigger issue . Can we say RW is any different then those who Remington claims to be less then truthful because their pay is derived from the benefits of the issue.

So we start with nice fancy images of breech plugs . But again following the same lines Remington�s using in their rebuttal, where is the documentation for the rifle the plug was removed from . What was the condition of the rifle it came out of . Who pulled the plug . Was it done correctly . Was it ever reinstalled and thus done incorrectly .
All these thing we don�t know and RW makes sure to admit or IMO stay vague so as to support his opinion.

Then reading on more , RW goes on to bash CVA for producing their rifles out of the US , at a lower production costs .. So what, that�s the way the largest % of US business works . Does anyone here think the parts in US made vehicles are made here in the US . Hell if you don�t take the time to check Vin numbers , the whole vehicle may be made outside the US .

Then he goes on to tout the US barrel industry . But conveniently omit that here in the US SAAMI standards are strictly voluntary . That barrels producers here most commonly do batch testing.
. He mentions GM . Yet he does not mention issues that company has had or for that mater that others have had .
He then brings up extruded barrel . But no mention that extruded barrels were also sold by US makers for a very long time . Remington�s muzzle loading rifles marketed in the 70�s , carried extruded barrels . So did Browning , Ithaca . Douglas barrels were also for a very long time , extruded .
I find it also interesting that he drops a line qualifying his choice of rifle because the gun is made by a company that also make center fire rifles .
So once again we are to accept that this means they are safe . Never mind these very companies also have a long line of lawsuits against them . Remington being one

He then starts into the issue with proof testing . Once again though without an consideration that we here in the US are basically being ask to Trust that a US company has complied with a given standard with nothing more then their word .

He closes with a photo of a destroyed rifle. But again we are ask to take his word and the word of the owner , as to what happen and why .

I would again point out that the who article that you have posted is the very same thing Remington is fighting . The very same points Remington is making in the video applies here .
But in this case you are accepting what RW is saying , while at the same time taking the opposing stance concerning Remington .
I cant say there is anything wrong with that . Its your opinion and your welcome to it .
But that opinion is no more fact then the opinion of those claiming the Remington 700 walker trigger is un safe . Lets not forget they also have not only deaths but injuries to back up their stance .
So once again what you have done is provide a link , to another persons opinion.
At least RW somewhat backs his opinion up . However once a person realizes that his lively hood is derived and benefits from that opinion, it then becomes suspect .
The real odd thing for me is this .
We are ask to accept what RW says . Yet at the same time being ask to not accept the findings from a whole lot of others to disagree . Never mind those people are actual shooters , testers . Not Johnny come lately writers .
Strikes me as the very same thing as watching the nightly news telling us how the economy is improving . When in fact its very clear that its going the other way

[Linked Image]