While I would agree with 3F having more surface area , thus a quicker burn , faster spike ��.
The rest makes 0 sense
Your most accurate load for a given rifle is still going to be in a given pressure range .
By reducing the 3F load , what your doing is dropping the pressure closer to what 2F would provide .

the duplexing i was speaking of Pete , isnt duplexing Bp or the Synthetics . what i was getting at is duplexing BP with smokeless.
As to someone mistakenly loading that much smokeless.
We can call it ignorance or what ever word we want to use . Its still comes back to being a mistake .
A couple years ago , at our local range we had a fella show up with his son , an old Jukar rifle and a old can of red dot . Said the gun was his dads and he wanted to show his son how to shoot it .
Toney Roberts who owns Mountain Top Trading , up in N Idaho , often places what was a very nice smoothbore in front of his trade tent .
He loaned it to a fella who somehow managed to load the thing with smokeless . The gun is now the most wicked looking piece of metal you ever saw

Speaking for myself , nothing , absolutely nothing surprises me anymore . The number of people walking around with out a working brain cell . Simply is un countable

[Linked Image]