One thing I can say is if you load that load of HS-6 pisto powder in any modern smokeless rifle, it is going to do the same thing.
Back in the days od my misspent youth, one of the neighbor boys got a hold of a 50 cal smooth bore musket. No black powder was around nor did we even know about it. We would steal 12 gauge shotgun ammo and strip it down for the powder.We had some cylindrical sinker molds that fit just right.

On evening , wanting to impress a rich neighbor kid, we poured two 12 gauge powder charges in it, stuffed some newspaper down it and then poured all the BB's from same down the barrel, topped off with more newspaper.

Being a little smarter, I stepped back a few feet, and the rich kid being smarter than both of us put together, backed off another 10 ft or so.My neighbor touched it of and the results made this video look like child's play.
My neighbor ended up with arm and facil lacerations and BB"S imbeded in the side of his face and arm.I end up with BB"s imbeded in my side and arm.Luckily no eye sight was damaged.
Not having a hospital within miles,the rich neighbor kid's dad was a dentist and he plucked all the BB"s out of us both and stitched up the lacerations.. All without anesthetic.

That did not hurt at all compared to what we got when our fathers got homne from the mine that day.

That was one day when stupid did get fixed.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles