Swampy, spanish muzzleloader are safe if you use them accordingly. Even the best american made is destroyed when you do wrong. Just to remind you, most of the firearms used in Cowboy Action Shooting are italian (except Rugers and some Shiloh rifle or some original) do you see them explode often...
The same thing in muzzle loading international comp where some spanish began to show up. In Europe, even black powders are controlled by proof house and ours are at least as good as yours in US of A. Most of the problem with firearms come from bad utilisation or misunderstanding by users...It's why (and dumb lawyers too) you're obliged in the USA to write such crazy sentences on the barrel of firearm: read the instruction manual before use.
Tradition, CVA or Lyman (no they are not US made)are safe and tough enough if you don't try to make them 300Bee...I used a Lyman in Quebec when living there and in France to (bought from Midway Germany)without problem. I refer my loading stuff to Lyman Blackpowder handloading manuel and i'm happy like that.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)