Originally Posted by Petro
Would you shoot him? If you're on private land and you see bigfoot, would you shoot him. Presumably, he's not defined as a game animal, so you wouldn't need a tag. Legally, I think you'd be okay, but there is the chance that it is someone trying to make a joke.

Assuming you're serious ...

Legally it depends on what state you are in. Some states list what is protected or regulated and everything else is legal to shoot. Other states list what is legal to shoot and everything else not on that list is protected. Better be sure how your state's laws work.

Him? How do you know its not a her? A biological species requires both to reproduce. Look closely at "Patty" .. definitely female.

I've seen them. I was able to watch long enough to know what I saw was no hoax, no mis-identification of any other known species. They're real. I've had some minimal interaction with them a couple times. So far, all I've seen was curiosity, humor, and concern for their young. Their behavior tells me they are people. Not human / Homo sapiens sapiens, that's a biological thing. People is a behavior thing. They're more people than a lot of our kind.

So ... would I shoot them? Hell no. No more than I would, unprovoked, shoot you. In fact, if I saw someone getting ready to shoot one other than in self-defense, I'd probably kill that person, same as I would defend one of our kind of people about to be murdered.

Laugh if you wish.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...