in response to
Sometimes I feel about 1000 generations old but in truth I haven't quite hit 50. I saw one in the mid 1970s. How does your theory account for that?

Tom

What I offered was MY theory, that the stories have been retold 30,000 years and that occasional sightings, of say a mangy bear, are mistaken for this "Bigfoot" that once lived, but has long been extinct.

it is possible, but extremely unlikely I'd guess, that a relic population of neanderthals exist on earth, it is possible, but only slightly more likely that an undiscovered species of secretive nocturnal huge primate exists in north america.

I believe "bigfoot" sightings have been erroneous sightings of known animals or of hoaxes (ie the witness is the victim of the hoax) (I'd guess that TOM is in one of those 2 categories) or are hoaxes (the "witness" is a hoaxer).

but I find the topic very intriguing and, my belief might be wrong (it often is) and it would REALLY be cool to encounter and prove another large species like that.

the only way to conclusively prove it would be to have a live one in a cage or a dead one on the ground.

Poole

Last edited by Bill Poole; 12/18/11.