Dennis,

Not everybody lives in Arizona. I've hunted there enough to know that it's rocky enough to wear out ANY boots fairly quickly.

If you hunt various sorts of country (you remember Montana in November?) selecting different boots for different conditions helps a LOT. I have too many hunting boots, but own 4-5 different types for various conditions from dry/hot/sandy to to swamp/rainy to really cold/snowy. Some are pretty versatile, but there isn't any all-around boot for every kind of terrain, everywhere.

Addtionally, boots used primarily for hunting in wet swamps or snow will last a lot longer than boots used exclusively in the rocky state otherwise known as Arizona. I hunt more than 4 months a year, but don't wear out one pair of boots in any year--but I do wear out at least one pair of my several DIFFERENT pairs of hunting boots each year.

In fact I have one pair of Schnee's unlined rubber-bottomed pacs that have had so many tops and bottoms replaced so many times that I can't remember. In fact, it's been at least 15 years since they ceased to be the same boots I bought.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck