Originally Posted by WindsorFox
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Originally Posted by EDMHUNTER
How long does bees wax last? What is the best way to keep it?

I bought a block the size of a smaller tacklebox that must weigh 5 lbs, 4 or 5 years ago for about $5 from a beekeeper. Phil (458Lott) recommended it on a thread at that time. I don't think beeswax goes bad.

Why I like the beeswax over some of the other products is that in addition to helping leather boots be waterproof; it seems to help the leather last longer and it stays on longer than the any other product I've used.

Will it buff out to a pretty high shine???

No, beeswax is too soft to buff up much.

None of the mentioned commercial products last as long as beeswax, or even close. Beeswaxed boots resist abrasion better than anything I have tried and by a huge margin, again. I have not worn out a boot leather since I started waxing them. I have worn out lots of soles and have resoled waxed boots several times. I have boots that cannot be resoled but the uppers are just fine and the soles are gone.

The additional fact that watersoaked leather boots provide no foot or ankle support makes serious waterproofing really important to me and beeswax is the only thing I have found that truly does it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.