"Combination guns"?

I never bought one of the M24 Savage "itterations" because they were TOO EXPENSIVE and poorly made in my opinion, in cartridges much, much too lacking or "limited!"

I like .22 rimfires for many applications (with many selections of ammo, from CB's to Velocitors), but why didn't Savage offer more 12gauge selections with the .30-30 or .30/06? (screw "ugly" for practical 'function!!' wink ).

The 'combination guns' I like include the Thompson Center Contender or Encore with the right combination of barrels!

Or the H&R HandiRifles, again with the right combination of barrels.

TWO PROJECTS I'm currently working on involve HandiRifles ..... One is with a .22LR Versa Pack barrel that fits an SB2 receiver (not the weaker SB1 receiver), that I'm adding barrels to in .223 Rem, .30/06, and 12ga. The idea behind this "Versa Quad" is have a minimal platform I can take mice to buffalo, sparrows to geese - if anarchy or a sustained depression forced me or my famm to depend on such a "tool."

Second project is making a 12ga "Survivor" or campgun/truckgun I can pack in bear country. Once the barrel is cut to 19inches and sights soldered on, it will always be packed with slugs powerful enough to kill a grizzly, buckshot for deer, shortie-shells in #7 1/2 or #6 for feathered stuff or small game, but also red meteor flares for signaling in emergencies! In bear country it will be complimented with a .44 or .45C wheelgun.

The M24 Savages have their place, but are VERY LIMITED in their usefulness IMO.

I would go so far as to say I think a .22LR rifle or long-barreled handgun is much more PRACTICAL and USEFUL over the M24 Savages, (assuming a versatile cache of rimfire ammo is kept with it!).