I bought a Antonio Zoli 12ga/7x57R about a year ago. I put a 1x4 Burris scope on it that has very long eye relief. Worked up a load with 154gr Hornadys at about 2600fps. If the barrel was cool it would do one inch groups. Shotgun shot to same point of aim as the rifle with Brenneke slugs and had interchangable chokes, the previous owner had them installed, though I found the MOD the best for slug accuracy and general patterning, it has a EXTRA FULL for turkey. I was happy and desided to see if it would work out as hoped.

Black bear and turkey seasons run concurrently in the several areas in Montana so I thought this combo would work out well. Didn't get a turkey but did get a 350lb male bear that squared 6 ft. During antelope season I got no shots at antelope, population down 50% to 90% in the area I like to hunt, depending on who you talk to. I did however pick up a couple of ducks on a praire pond. I was after some sage grouse and ended up with a 7x7 mule deer where I would never have thought a big buck would be hiding. I got three pheasants and two white tail does in one day and a mule deer doe and a white tail doe over a two day period while missing a couple of pheasants. Shots on deer ranged from 75 to 300 yds. All one shot except the buck, I put an insurance round into him even though he was going down from the first shot. All shots were through and through.

The combo has become my #1 gun/rifle. I can hardly waite for spring bear/turkey season.