I cut my teeth on a very early production Model 24 22 LR/410, with the button selector on the side of the frame and the barrels soldered together. It has a Williams peep sight on it. I've killed a pile of small game with it since my old man gave it to me when I was about 5 years old or so. I still hunt with it- the last time I was in the woods I was toting it, and bagged three very tasty quail. I also have one in 22 Magnum/410 (also with the soldered barrels and button selector) with a scope on it. It shoots as good if not slightly better than my Anschutz 22 Magnum. At 75 yards it will put three CCI Maxi-Mags into one slightly oblong hole - and that's with a 2.75x scope.

I also have this, and tote it during deer season when I hunt areas that have lots of gray squirrels. It's a 12 guage over 5.6x52R (22 Savage Hi-Power).
[Linked Image]

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan