Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Originally Posted by HunterMontana
I bought a Antonio Zoli 12ga/7x57R about a year ago.

Did you buy that off of GunBroker by chance? If so, I remember that gun.

Brian.

No, I got it at the Bozeman gun show. Anyway, if I get another combination, which I probably will, I'd LOVE to get a drilling in 20ga/7x57R.(Good luck finding that for less than a good used car price...) If I get another combo it will be a 12ga/9.3x74.

I'm amazed how useful a combo is. The difficult part for most is price. For something that works well in common caliber/gauge combinations expect to a least pay $2000 to get everything squared away, gun, scope mounts, maybe chokes. I did see a very nice drilling, with an excellent scope, in 16ga/8x57R for $3500, so it is possible to get something nice for less than some of the prices on Gunbroker or other web sites.

If you buy something without a scope be aware that it may not be simple or cheap to put a sturdy scope mount on the weapon. Also, all the older guns I've handled have a lot of drop in the stock and will need either a butt pad or a new stock to bring them up to work well with a scope. I use a butt pad that holds 5 rifle rounds on the outside and 6 12ga rounds in the zip pocket, this worked very well for me this last season.