I don't believe that one needs to be an absolute gun nut to use turrets. We teach people trajectory, animal anatomy, basic terminal ballistics, how to zero a scope, set up a drop chart, positional shooting (including alternate positions), reading wind, and how to use their BDC reticle or turrets out to 600 yards in a 2 day class.

I went on a Whitetail/Mule deer hunt with my buddy and his wife last year. She had never hunted or shot that much before. We spent one afternoon with a .22 learning the basics of shooting, and the about three hours practicing with the 243win she was going to use on the hunt. It honestly took her all of five minutes to "get" that all she had to do was know the range, look it up on the card taped to the stock, and spin the turret to that number. Another five minutes were spent with her learning about wind holds, and then she proceeded to crush the targets out to 400 yards in a 5-10mph switching wind all from field shooting positions with nothing more then being told the range and her doing the rest.

We went on the hunt and she smoked her first deer from what was probably the most contorted position I've ever seen someone have to take a shot. I told her the range and she dialed it and did the rest....

[Linked Image]