Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by ingwe
I use a premium in the small bores (.22 centerfires) to assure myself of good bullet performance.Never been disappointed. From the .257 Bob on up its pretty much conventional bullets for deer. Premiums not needed.Though I haven't used anything bigger than a cf .22 for years...

I concur. For some reason, some people don't understand that the farther a bullet travels from the muzzle, the less punch it has.

A 300 WM for example, has about the same energy at 300 yd as a 308 Win has at 100 yd. So what? At three hundred yards, a 300 WM is a 308 Winchester. Hopefully, the shooter is using the right bullet.

I know that premium bullet maker try to design their bullets to function at a wider range of velocities, but again, who cares? You're after deer.

Given their anatomy, I continue to wonder why people pay the extra for a bullet that offers no advantage. Perhaps I should start making 303 bullets again and tell people that they are capable of taking polar bears, browns and water buffaloes.

Yes you should! Your 200gr are an amazing bullet. I have never collected one from game.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff