Originally Posted by senior
One poster said it well: "I tend to work up a hunting load with one great bullet and use it for everything, deer included."

I agree, I have shot more moose than I care to try to remember, most all with 150gn Cor'locs or Interlocks out of a .280 smile
I use the same combo for quite a bit of my whitetail hunting.
shocked

I am shocked. shocked It is shocking that you confess to shooting cor'locs or Interlocks which (as the names imply) are modifications to improve cup & core bullets. How could you!!! You have betrayed the purity of using 19th century unimproved cup & core technology!! The point of this thread is to satirize anyone who uses bullet improvements developed since about 1920. But even more shocking is that you shoot these improved bullets in a .280! At least I was a purist and shot 150 Corlocks (sp?) out of a 30-30. (Incidentally, that is a superb deer killing combo.)

I hope you realize this is all tongue in cheek funning. laugh 150 cor�locs in a .280 is a classy combo. Good for you!

My journey started with cor'locs in a 30-30. I went to Sierras in a 30-06 after I started hand loading. After a LOT of game killed I had noticed obvious shortcomings and inconsistencies in terminal bullet performance in both cor-locs and Sierras. I went to Nosler Partitions, and then to Swift A-frames for everything for many years.

My fairly extensive observation is that better constructed bullets perform better inside game --- and of much more importance to me--- they do it FAR more consistently than cup and core. I cheerfully concede that anyone may use whatever he chooses and hold any opinion he wants as to why others may choose a different bullet. One of my confident opinions is that there are bullets constructed to perform significantly better than cup and core designs � and so I use them for large critters with deer thrown in.