Originally Posted by RickF
I tend to work up a hunting load with one great bullet and use it for everything, deer included.

The TSX makes more sense in that situation. wink

This is what I do.I don't know what a hunting season holds for me.I've used the same rifle for whitetails, mule deer,elk,antelope and sometimes black bear...sometimes in the same season....and once in awhile had a moose tag that popped up as well.

Like Rick I have done some of this hunting in the bush country of Canada,and it was known to hold grizzlies....not that I worried about it but they were there.

Point being that,after using C&C bullets on deer sized game, I know they will kill them;and I also know that a premium(if you want to call a simple bullet like a Partition a "premium")is not "required".

But said another way there is absolutely no disadvantage to using them either....and I have never observed that any C&C kills materially "better" than the premiums I use.One thing that is for certain is that I can count on the premium to behave a certain way, predictably,about every time...and since I tend to use high velocity cartridges(even in the brush and woods)this is important.

It is a lot simpler for me to grab a rifle and load that I know is zeroed, ready to go,and capable of managing more or less whatever I run into,and that I am familiar with,than get into a game of "deer bullet", "elk bullet","bear bullet", "brush bullet"....etc.If the elk shows up a few days after the deer,no problem.And if he never shows up, the deer is just as dead as if I'd saved a few cents on the C&C.

One load....go kill stuff.JMHO. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.