Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.
Post up some names. The name and department of this "detective" for starters.
I was emailed a copy of the final letter and the check for reimbursement of the gun Hi_Vel referred to in his post. Suffice it to say, it is a real document disclosing the person, detective involved and the resolution of the matter.

This is a different outcome from what I personally saw in regards to the help from local LEO when I had my encounter with a scumbag. The detective in the correspondence stated the same thing, that most cases don't come out like this...
I also received documentation from the detective in question stating otherwise. I don't play "Hi_Vel's" passive-aggressive bullshit games nor do I need to get anyone else to carry my water.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.