Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Hi_Vel
i called a detective in the local police department there, and then sent them via email all of the documentation--the original ad, emails, copy of us money order, etc.

the detective paid the guy a visit, telling him he had two days to get me a valid check, and provide the department with a photocopy as proof. the guy called me and said, "you went to the police". i told him that guys like him needed that as a deterrent to his type of behavior. a few days later, i got a check in the mail--a valid bank check--and cashed it. i thanked the detective for their work, for without it i would have been scammed. sad part is, after making a complaint about this to gunsamerica--at least to my knowledge anyway--gunsamerica may have done nothing about it at all, so i no longer look at that website, preferring gunbroker or auction arms.
Post up some names. The name and department of this "detective" for starters.
I was emailed a copy of the final letter and the check for reimbursement of the gun Hi_Vel referred to in his post. Suffice it to say, it is a real document disclosing the person, detective involved and the resolution of the matter.

This is a different outcome from what I personally saw in regards to the help from local LEO when I had my encounter with a scumbag. The detective in the correspondence stated the same thing, that most cases don't come out like this...
I also received documentation from the detective in question stating otherwise. I don't play "Hi_Vel's" passive-aggressive bullshit games nor do I need to get anyone else to carry my water.

as i mentioned earlier, i would not post that personal/private info (of the scammer), on an open forum:

therefore, i settled on the next best thing--to utilize a independent witness--so i asked shrapnel to act as that witness by giving him a copy of the documentation concerning the work of the detective who resolved the matter--strictly for the benefit of guys like bluecharm99 and stantdm, or any other guy out there who is being scammed, or may one day be scammed--that once in awhile--in this case with leo help--a guy can win one of these...

the post wherein shrapnel acted as a witness (a basic legal procedure--not an attempt at having someone carry my water), was not for your benefit/purpose, for egotistical tinhorn amatuers like yourself can never benefit from truth, no matter how far one shines the light into that void between your ears--Hello in there, anybody home?

while i can be certain a tinhorn amatuer like you could never summon the moxy to email a detective and ask basic essential questions--others still might do so--and i hope they do--though i can't imagine them giving a care.

but you try all you wanna know, and one day maybe you can spout your First Truth .

then, when you can string a set of those truths together, your on your way--taking those first steps towards puberty--and when you begin to "boy-up" and grow a pair, one day--maybe You can become "a real live Bricckhio Boy".

Brickslapped again, you tinhorn amatuer...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...