Balance is important and I'm not a fan of all-up rifle weights under 6.5 lbs.

For me, 6.5 - 7lbs all-up is about ideal. Again, provided balance is right and in a "reasonable" chambering (308/30-06 based stuff).

But I find an extra 1lb sure makes stuff settle down better when it's crunch time. I prefer packing a 6.5lb rifle, I prefer shooting a 7.5lb rifle. I notice the difference.

Light can be taken too far and I found the lightest weight I'm comfortable with through trial and error... everyone will likely draw their own line differently.

Would add, I spent quite a few pleasant hours in Dave Gentry's shop before he passed... bear in mind he was one of the pioneers of lightweight. He told me he took one of his lightweights on a sheep hunt in AK and found it was too light to settle down for him when he took his shot. He changed his mind and began packing a 7.75lb all-up rig after that first hunt. That was his line and it makes a heap of sense to me.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery