Just got back from deer hunting for a few days .
I too do not want a rifle that weighs a ton BUT ,
Well heres the story I had a Remington 7600 Synthetic 243 with barnes 80 Gr TTSX with a 4x M-8 Leupold mounted in Weaver rings Slung across my left shoulder.The rest of the story is I had a CZ 527 223 with a leupold 4x M-8 in my right hand !
Thing is I really wanted to kill a deer with the 223 but thought I might get a shot 3 or 400 yards off and wouldn,t have felt comfortable taking a shot with the 223 but would have with the 243.We dont have that many deer and in fact I didn,t see one at all on the hunt.
The end comment about all of this is that even though I am 53 and not in the best of shape I really had no problem carrying both rifles.granted I probably didn,t walk over a mile or so each day .I suspect if I was hunting where I walked 5 miles or so in the mountains that the story would be completely different but for the type of Deer hunting I do(the flatlands of Arkansas using stands overlooking agri fields)I am begining to think it doesn,t really matter.I dont backpack in or out and if I do get lucky and get one I am either going to drive the truck up to it (if it is dry enough) or use a 4 wheeler or tractor to get it out,so carrying a lightweight rifle is not a big priority.
Just talked myself out of the Kimber I was looking for !
Craig

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money