"Well you guys did have a coffee pot in camp didn't ya?, I don't claim to be that tough, but I am stupid enough to think that going hunting out of a camp like that would be a hell of a lot of fun."

Oh yes, we had coffee galore! Made the right way which was bringing the water to a boil and then toss in a handful or so of coffee grounds. Let it boil a little longer as the temp of boiling water isn't real high at 10,500' or so. After it boiled a while, you would throw in a cupful of cold water to settle the grounds and then get to drinkin.'

I look back and wonder what made us think it was so much fun but guess it was as we kept doing it for quite a few years.

One of the crew had an old ex-army 4 X 4 1 1/2 ton truck that hauled all our gear up there. 216 CID Chevrolet engine but lots of gears so it did the job very well.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.