we were doing a drive in northern MN and i was in the thick stuff and fell behind a little. I jumped up on the root ball of an overturned tree (I wasnt carrying a gun) and slipped down the other side....and in the process put both of my feet on the rump of a sleeping fawn.

2 things happened at the exact same time. The fawn lasered out of there at just slightly over the sound barrier. I on the other hand was even faster and jumped about 100 feet straight up in the air. the only thing keeping me from a higher altitude was the heavy load in my shorts. I was 15 years old at the time. Whoever said white men cant jump would have sung a different tune if they would have seen me that day.
I can laugh now, but I think I produced about 6 gallons of adrenaline in a millisecond.

I stepped on a skunk while pheasant hunting once too. When i put my foot down in some tall grass, there was a feeling and a sound that just made me look down to see nothing but black and white. As my eyes expanded to roughly the size of a garbage can lid, I hot-footed it out of there so fast I didnt get sprayed.

Last edited by Berettaman; 01/17/13.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.