I can't imagine there's too many of us who've hunted out of a tree stand and haven't had close encounters with squirrels. 'Had several of them within spitting distance, and a couple that actually touched me. The whiskey jacks (Canadian Jays) always seem to hunt me down. 'Give em a bite of your sandwich and they stay with you all day. Chickadees are always good for a chuckle. I've had 'em land on my hat, my gun barrel-even had one determined that he'd found a bug between the stock and barrel of my rifle. 'Worked on it for a few seconds before giving up.

I posted on a big rock watching a hollow in southern Ohio one time. Was up there for a couple hours and decided to move on. I slid down off the face of the rock, and landed at it's base. What I didn't know was that a turkey was walking right across the base of the same rock at the same time, and I had it trapped between me and the rock. That crazy turkey about beat me half to death when it tried to fly up the face of that rock. I had scratches, feathers, and turkey schidt all over me! Never mess with a cornered turkey!

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/18/13.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla