Sheep are big enough targets the idea of needing even the 10x is laughable. But the [bleep] at over 26 ounces is by far funnier. The 3.5-10 is literally less than half the weight.

I would not bring the fishing gear either... It is easy to do that somewhere else and it will only get in your way the whole time with a high probability of never being used. Leave yourself an extra day at either end to go fishing if you want.

The sleeping bag is far warmer than you will need, also.

The pack needs to be carried and adjusted by you during your training, with weight in it. It will be hard to do that from afar. Get a Barney's pack and you will be much happier.

Get a standard pair of leather work gloves, uninsultaed, and soak them with melted beeswax. Wear them a lot until they break-in... You will be calling me names right up to the point they break-in. Once broken in they will last forever and protect your hands from devil's club thorns and such... They work extremely well. I would leave the other gloves at home.

The Black Diamond poles are decent, but should be fine unless you are a big guy.

I have yet to see Browning pants that I like. They have all been sponges.

Your socks will be critical and one of the few areas where bringing more than plenty is a very good idea. "Darn Tough" are hard to beat. Use a very thin poly liner sock inside the heavy socks. Bring mole skin and use it the instant you feel anything like a hotspot forming.

Sunglasses could save you if you get into early snow and have to deal with lots of glare.

A stocking cap is a really good idea...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.