I've got rifles with Hart,Shilen,K&P,Lilja,Broughton,Lilja,
Kreiger,Chanlyn,Pac-Nor,Wise-Mcmillian,Douglas,Gillard plus afew others. My first rifle I had rebarrel was back in the 60's and I am by no means an expert in barrels.
I've only had two bad barrels and I never got to shoot them gunsmith called me said he had to make a speical pilot for his reamers since he didn't have one large enough, they were being chamber for my Br rifle in 6ppc. One was a McMillian other Pac-Nor both barrels were replaced.
I think it was Dick Wright who used a Douglas barrel in his 22 short BR rifle for awhile. I've got one of Douglas xx barrels on a sako action in 243 and it's a good shooter, barrel broke in real nice. Got one of Forbes Ultra Light Model 24 rifle with a Douglas barrel again good shooter solid 1/2" at 100yd same as my other hunting rifles with a Lilja,Kreiger,Kostshyn or K&P barrels. If Douglas made a 1/14 twist 6mm XX barrel I would try it in one of my tight neck rifles to see how it shoots.
I don't own a bore scope so really cann't comment on what inside on any of my barrels other than they shoot. Some barrels doesn't mater who's barrel might take alittle long to finally settle in and shoot same with cleaning.
I've got button and cut barrels in same caliber, one rifle I used same gunsmith so had same barrel lenght,twist and chamber the cut was faster by 30fps on same load.
You can get a good barrel but takes a good gunsmith to chamber one so to me the barrel is 10% other 90 goes to the gunsmith. Just my .02

USMC
Life Member VFW