Kind of like saying Lockheed got the idea of the F-22A from the Wright Brothers. Go get back behind the high fence as the deer you have tied up is ready to be shot!

Thats a piss poor analogy.
Tim North, the president of Broughton barrels even says the the 5c groove profile is simular to the one obermeyer has used for years.
http://www.6mmbr.com/BroughtonProfile.html
The Broughton 5C land profile is similar in concept to the 5R rifling pioneered by Boots Obermeyer. His barrels, like Krieger's, are made with the cut-rifling method. Here at Broughton we pull button using a guide insuring consistent twist rate in a bore free of tooling marks. We feel this produces uniformly profiled lands and the best internal bore finish. After contouring and stress relief in our oven for the third time, we finish crafting the bore by lapping a taper from beach to muzzle in every barrel. This translates into easier cleaning with less fouling.

I am not knocking Broughton barrels in any way as I actually have a Broughton being chambered in .300 Win mag as we speek.

I have 4 of them including the one on my 338 Lapua AI 1k gun my 338 Lapua AI hunting rifle a 6x284 and a 6.5x284and I am well aware of what you cut and pasted. I have talked to Tim about this subject before and the differences are there. Your vast and very extensive knowledge base may just not be aware of them.

NRA Life Member