Hi guys, new to the forum and this is the first thread I have read...have enjoyed most of it. Do have a couple questions/things to say.

Are the threads routinely hijacked by people like the individual from Texas, who apparently is unable to engage in a gentlemenly disagreement without getting obnoxious?

As for Mr. Coleman's "lemming" comment, I think it was pretty close to spot on, and could identify with it. When I first got into accurate rifles, my main source of information was Precision Shooting. I chose a Hart barrel for my first (and second, and third, and...) "custom" rifle as that is what seemed to be winning the majority of the bench rest matches. In a couple of years, thanks in large part to Tony Boyer, Shilen seemed to be taking a large portion of hardware home. Strangely enough, at about this time, I ended up with a Shilen barrel. Of recently, I have noticed a number of Krieger's in the match results. I imagine Krieger presence in the BR game will continue to increase, and I will probably at some point end up with one. I don't think this shift is caused by Hart making a bad product, followed by Shilen, followed by etc. Someone has a hot shooting barrel or two made by company X, other people are going to try it, and if enough people try it, there's bound to be some winners. I'm seeing a lot of BAT actions popping up lately and winning. Same thing. Are they any better than Stolle's, Hall's, etc? I don't know...but they sure are pretty and I'd love to have one. PS used to, and still occasionaly does print equipment surveys/results from the BR game/SuperShoot, and it's interesting to watch the equipment trends. So I think the lemming analogy has a bit of merit. I'm one. Of course, Mr. Coleman, if you can come up with a different, but applicable analogy, that does not involve a rather stupid bird that throws itself off of cliffs and often plummets to it's death, it would do my already low self esteem a bit of good!

And Seely Masker's comment about the paddle wheel was hillarious! Now let's see...this Hall of Fame stuff. Seely had 4 BR Hall of Fame points. Speedy Gonzales has 13...making him smarter and better than Seely according to our Texas friends "Benchrest Hall of Fame Intellegence Quotient". But Seely built a few guns for Dr. Richard Maretzo, who has 14 points, 1 more than Speedy making the good doctor, smarter and better than Speedy. But wait...Smiley Hensley, who if I'm not mistaken shot Douglas barrels a couple years back, has 15 HOF points, making him smarter than all of the above. Alas, poor Mr. Coleman has 0 BRHOF points, and therefore does not know his arse from a #6 contour(Douglas) barrel, and is a total dumptruck as a gunsmith. But he is a gentleman, and can work on my guns anytime.

Now if you'll excuse me, this Kalifornia boy hears a Starbucks Non-fat Vanilla Latte calling my name.

Thanks,
Justin