Why are the following points so hard to understand?
A. Douglas barrels are not widely used in competitive shooting because they are not as good as some of the other makes.

Just what competiton are you referencing? It's true that Douglas is not used by many benchrest shooters but in a lot of other disciplines they have ruled for years. In scheutzen competion they have been 'king' for many years. Those shooters are just a serious about winning as benchrest shooters.

No offense was taken on my part. Lest my postings be misinterpreted let me say that I have no problem whatsoever if a person wants to use another brand barrel. I tell my customers that I'll use any barrel they choose but if I were building the rifle for my own use I would use a Douglas simply because I know they are the equal of any barrel. Price has nothing to do with it. If another person has more confidence in Broughton barrels then that's what they should use but to make a statement that barrel 'A' is not as good as barrel 'B' is not a valid position. In fact, barrel 'A' from Douglas may not be as good as barrel 'B' from Douglas. Nobody knows why this is so but it is a fact. If it were not so then Tony Boyer (who spares no expense in shooting) would not pay Dwight Scott (one of the premier gunsmiths in benchrest) to chamber 22 Shilen barrels and then only keep 2-3 of them. He would keep 20 of them, would he not? Shilen has been mentioned here as one of the good barrels used by benchrest shooters.

Last edited by MColeman; 05/09/06.