Good point about more than one shot!

But the only time I got in a multiple-shot situation with EITHER a muzzleloader or slug gun was in Iowa, when I had to hunt down a buck somebody else had wounded with a .44 Magnum revolver. I had a 20-gauge T/C Contender carbine 20-gauge that shot Winchester sabots with 260-grain Nosler Partitions really well. The tracking was easy--too easy, since there was snow on the ground, and the buck was really cautious. Found him across a draw at a little over 200 yards, and in a stout cross-wind managed to break the hip on the same side as the broken front leg. That made it easier, but the buck still got around pretty well, and it took two more shots (the first a miss as he hobbled through the oak timber) before he went down for good.

I don't mind single-shots, whether muzzleloaders or cartridge, when doing my own hunting. Have killed Cape buffalo with one. But would have appreciated a pump-gun on that deal!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck