Originally Posted by jimmyp
is there a pump slug gun that will shoot 3 or so into sub 2 inches at 100 yards? Just curious.

Is there one? Sure. They'd be pretty rare though.

But this is the internet and i am sure there are plenty guys who'll speak of or show the one best "2 shots touching and I pulled the 3rd" group of all time at 75 yards and post it as an "all day long" 100 yard group.

The savage 210/220 and H&R single shots are a different story though. Very consistant.

Unless considering the above named shotguns or a semi custom (tarhunt), on the averages, a typical ML will be more consistently accurate than a typical shotgun.

ALso consider ammo. Shotguns can be picky in the slugs they prefer. Some shotgun slug ammo is ridiculously priced. YOu could spend a few hundred bucks testing brands and practicing at long range. With a ML you can load develop at the bench and save money via economy of scale. Something to consider.

Obviously either way , SG or ML will work.

That savage 220 is really at a whole other level than an 870, rifled barrel, & scope. If you are leaning SG, I'd strongly consider it.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.