Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by tbear99
Originally Posted by BarryC
There is nothing a slug gun does that a rifle doesn't do as good or better.

beg to differ with you a slug leaves alot more blood at point of shot compared to rifle.I've shot plenty of deer with both rifle and shotgun and never once had the same amount of blood from rifle.

A lot more blood? I'd say a .45 300gr or so projectile makes a PLENTY big hole/blood trail. A slug may make a bigger hole, but it makes a bigger mess too. Unnecessarily IMO.

Are you telling me a .45 300gr bullet doesn't leave enough blood for you? Because I don't understand what your point is. Just sayin'. I have shot a bunch of deer with ML. 1 shot, 1 kill. You never had to be Geronimo to find one either..................

it leaves enough blood but the statement was rifle.Personally i prefer rifle and now that my area opened up rifle it is what i use.I either carry a 300 savage or a 444 marlin. now in board terms like the statement a rifle does everything a shotgun does equal or better. do you say the blood from a 243 is equal to a 20 or 12 ga.I say no i've had deer run 80 yards without blood trail but they stopped 82 yards from shot.if you want to compare one rifle why not pic the 600 nitro express.I would say the average rifle being used hunting is not the 45 300gr bullet.

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR